Monday, October 27, 2014

Satisfaction in Completion

Hi Friends!  Is it possible to simultaneously be OVER THE MOON HAPPY about something and absolutely petrified by that same something?  A friend just asked me, "Well, aren't you happy about Lucky 13 coming out on Friday?" Of course my reply was, "I'd be happier if I could just get out of the bathroom from my nerves."  LOL  Yes, I know, this is supposed to be an I'M PUBLISHED post, not an I'M PETRIFIED post!!

Why am I nervous?  Well, for the first time in my life, I have completed something.  Accomplished.  Finished. Produced something from my imagination and hands, seeing it through to the very end for another's enjoyment.  Wow! For me, that's HUGE!  But having done so means putting it out there and the possibility that Darcy hanging shirtless from a fire truck just may not be someone else's cup of tea - even if it is mine (swoon.) Reading about him gyrating and auditioning for an FDNY Beefcake Calendar may not appeal to the masses, even if I'm left speechless and panting.  Images of his hips punctuating to Elvis's "Little Less Conversation" does things to me but maybe not another.  Darcy's total and utter woo-job of Elizabeth may not be satisfactory enough for some readers, but I am left breathless by the kiss he gives her in that romantic carriage ride through Central Park in the snow.  Does this all sound appealing?? Gosh I hope so, 'cause my worry is keeping me in the bathroom. (...makes mad dash ...)


Back now ... What if the reader doesn't enjoy Elizabeth's progression from a cynical, petrified, list-making businesswoman to one who lets her hair down to dance on the street corner with the Salvation Army bell ringers?  There's also that whole scene where Jane has a chocolate meltdown as Caroline's designer dog rebels against his Burberry outfit.  I'm laughing already, and I hope you will, too.  I hope you'll laugh with me - not at me - over the completion of this holiday story where the magic of the season and the synergy of all the characters will leave you believing in love, trust, renewal and the healing power of friendship.


Ah ... I feel better now.  Just thinking about Lucky 13 makes me smile.  It gets my nerves out of the bathroom and takes me to New York City where a Jewish matchmaker makes Christmas wishes come true.  Where snow looks beautiful for a New York minute, and "A Christmas Story" plays at Madison Square Garden next to a Rangers hockey game.  Our story happens in the most magical place on the planet at Christmas where the Rockefeller Center tree lights and people fall in love at first fight sight.  LOL


Thinking of fun characters like Charlotte and Rick and the real 'Charlotte' in my life makes me believe that I can accomplish anything and be proud of who I am, what I've done, and where I am going!  It's not the power of Luck, but the power within, and the power of the good people around you.  :)

Well, I guess I have to put my promotional hat on now and tell you - Hey, I have a new book coming out on Friday, October 31.  Available on Kindle, Nook, iBooks and Kobo, not to mention paperback!  

What would a release announcement be without a contest.  Be the first to find and re-post here "The Twelve Days of Christmas" specifically written for Lucky 13 by some of its JAFF readers (it's out there in two places in cyberland) and you will win a free e-book.  Also, one commenter here on my blog will win a special promotional item.  YAY!!! So many goodies: mug, door hanger, tree ornament, Chambord liqueur, or magnet.  Good LUCK!!!  I hope you get Lucky!


"Lucky Christmas/Lucky Hanukkah" ornament

"I feel lucky!" magnet / "I feel lucky today!" mug

"Enter if you feel lucky!" door hanger



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cat!! Can't wait......Pick me pick me!! Loved your story on D&L.com!! Also looking forward to your new story on D&L. My email is integr67 at aol dot com,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lora! So great to see you here. Thank you for your enthusiasm and support! I am so happy you enjoy my stories. Good Luck, hon!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you, Cat. I love the premise of your story so don't worry for I'm sure there are lots of JAFF readers who love Lucky 13.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! You are so sweet. I hope L13 brings a lot of laughs to your holiday season. Good luck in the giveaway Luthien. :)

      Delete
  3. And here I thought "satisfaction in completion" meant something TOTALLY different! ;) I will be first in line on Friday! Congratulations on the first of many, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You pervy girl! LOL. Thanks for your hugs, Kari

      Delete
  4. Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow!!! I'm all ready to purchase and my Kindle is charged.

    ~Gail (AKA redstrands)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just bought it. I can't wait to reread it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Gail!! I hope you enjoy it! Good luck in the giveaway, darlin'

      Delete
  6. Hi Carolyn! Congrats on your book!
    I love this story and I havent even finished it yet! Lots of success for you!
    BTW, is the 12 Chrstmas day thing this:

    12 Calendar Slots
    11 failed come ons
    10 happy inches (Thank you S Gordon)
    9 month auntie countdown
    8 Hopeful matchmakers
    7 pm dim sum
    6 pack abs
    5 Bennett Sisters (thank you Catgirl)
    4 condom wrappers (ditto)
    3 Minute Dating (thank you S Gordon)
    2 White Russians
    and
    1 Hot Santa Claus

    ReplyDelete