Monday, June 29, 2015

5 STARS FROM MARGIE MUST READS!


Denial of Conscience: A Modern Darcy & Elizabeth Adventure by Cat Gardiner 
Published by Vanity & Pride Press on June 24, 2015 
Genres: AustenesqueMr. Darcy Romance,Mr. Darcy Type CharactersRomance 
Format: eARC 
Buy the Book • Goodreads 
five-stars 
A Sultry, Modern Pride and Prejudice-Inspired Adventure
I have a mild obsession with Pride & Prejudice. Ok, who am I kidding, I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Mr. Darcy. I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.
This being said, it has been a love affair that has carried on for more that 20 years.  Fitzwilliam Darcy is my favorite hero and I  have never been able to let go.  So as a Crazy, Obsessed Janeite, I love P&P adaptions, retellings, and variations.  I find Mr. Darcy in almost EVERY romance novel I read. He is the original romance hero.
I recently had the pleasure of  reading a Modern Day Darcy and Elizabeth variation called Denial of Conscience: A Modern Day Darcy & Elizabeth Adventure by Cat Gardiner and it was one exhilarating ride!... (Extended Article AND an Interview with Darcy Here)
Elizabeth and Darcy like you have never seen them before!
I love when a writer can take beloved characters, pull them out of their element, transplant them in a different setting, dream up a unique plot and make them brilliant.
In this modern day adventure, featuring the characters of Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice, you will witness this exact feat. Denial of Conscience pulls you in, grabs you tight and takes you on an exhilarating ride around the world.
I can’t even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this story! The pages are filled with passion, possession and a love story so sexy it leaves you breathless. 
I can read this stuff forever!!  Cat Gardiner is a delight to read. Her Austenesque romance novels are brilliantly unique, completely  satisfying and incandescently romantic.
A whirlwind romance, a dangerous adventure, a HOT DARCY! What more do you want in LIFE?!?!? I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
This was one of the BEST experiences I have ever had with a book!
5 hearts

Thank you, Margie for this review!  Any gal who can appreciate my case for the modern Darcy, particularly one on a Harley with a couple of tattoos, is a groovy gal in my book!  You Rock!  I'm so happy you had a blast with DoC.  
Hugs and Kisses from steamy Florida. :)

Paperback, e-book Available
Authors Note:  Loved the book?
Please let potential readers know by leaving your feedback on Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. Loved the Review! Congratulations! Jen Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I read and reviewed this book on the day it was released. Hot descriptions - drooling with the scenes. Loved it. 5 stars from me! Couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Sheila! Your review blew me away!! I'm so happy that you had such fun with DoC. Hugs, Cat

      Delete